Skip to main content

Spigen's Screen Protector for S7 Edge - Unbox & Review



Screen protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – Spigen’sCurved Crystal


After a lot of experiments, I was able to find a screen protector. I had purchased a 3600-full body protector and some other protectors also. However, none of the screen protectors were close enough to Spigen’s custom designed screen protector.

Hello everybody, this is Simon. I am here to share a few thoughts about the screen protector that promises to protect my s7 edge screen from scratches or small indentations.
Spigen is a world-renowned company that rose to fame in a short period of time. It has been manufacturing a great deal of mobile accessories and has kept its promise by allowing the customers to have genuine products. Spigen, in India is supplied through TekkiTake company. They are the official resellers in India.

I had ordered screen protector by Spigen named CurvedCrystal. I had placed my order on 2nd November, 2016. The order was dispatched on 3rd November, 2016, next day. The courier partner was FedEx. I personally feel FedEx is not a good courier company. I had to wait till 5th November for the product to get delivered. I even rose a personal complaint to the TekkiTake fellows and they were very supportive and they even kept me in loop while they had been talking to FedEx people. I was amazed by the TekkiTake fellows and its support to customers. Kudos to TekkiTake.


Unbox – 

The product, as usual was covered with FedEx courier cover. Inside of the cover was bubble wrapped. The packing was good but it might not prevent any damages to the product since courier people mishandle them a lot. I took a pocket knife and started to pierce in at the top a little bit and went along the other end with cutting. A carton of orange and black combination was visible. Spigen’s Curved Crystal box was neat, new and was little sturdy too. There was no authenticity card which I had explained it in my previous post. I opened the top end of the box and there was a small transparent plastic case inside it. I pulled it outside and was able to see bunch of items. The items included a manual in English, a squeegee (a credit card shaped item to push air bubbles out), a dust removal stickers, 2 screen protectors (yeah, they have supplied 2 screen protectors), tape for sticking & aligning the protector and of course two wipes (dry and wet).


Application –

Earlier, I had used bunch of PET film screen protectors for my S7 Edge. However, due to my recent purchase of armour case cover from Spigen, I have to look for a robust and edge friendly screen protector. My previous screen protector was covering the entire area of the screen including the edges. So, when I tried to put on the back case, the edges of the screen protector came off. Well, I had already spent a couple of bucks on the screen protector and my case now it was time to shell out a few more. So, I made a lot of research and found that Spigen’s screen protectors are the best. Spigen already had announced that many of its back case might peel off the other company’s screen protectors. So, it made its own. Having laser cuts on the plastic sheet, perfect cut outs and ample glue was its first step towards the market.
Finally, I had my screen protector. I totally wiped my screen with dry cloth first, to remove any dust on the screen. Later, I used the wet wipe that came along with the package. Once the entire screen dried out, I was able to keep the screen protector on the screen and aligned it. Next, I took a tape which was in yellow colour. I applied this on the bottom end of the screen and removed the other half of the tape. Later I made that to stick around the phone a bit. I took the dirt/dust removal sticker and applied and removed it on the screen. I did it like couple of times. Later I took the front cover of the screen protector and peeled it off. There was a tag attached to it. Slowly I allowed the screen protector to stick to the screen with the help of squeegee. I was able to apply it without much air bubbles around. Next part was very important one. You have to carefully press the curved edges along with your thumb and repeat the cycle for at least 1 minute. Once the screen protector sticks to the screen, more importantly on the edges allow it stick for a couple of minutes to get hold of the screen. Maybe later you can apply the Spigen’s Military Case cover or any other.
The top and bottom edges of the Armour won’t lift up the screen protector. The sides of the screen however have to be dealt carefully making sure that the screen protector won’t come off.


Price and other details – 

The price of this product was 1199.00 INR. The box has all the key tools for application of the screen protector. The carton is recyclable. The good news is the product has been manufactured in Korea and not in China or Vietnam. The date of import and manufacturing was October, 2016.
The screen response is good. It allows multi touch and swipes pretty easily. There isn’t any problem of any sorts till now. However, I was able to see that sides of the screen protectors came off several times when I had removed and re-applied the back case. I was pretty much tensed with the issue but it won’t matter a lot now. Best way to allow the screen protector do its job is by not removing the back case more often. Removing the back cover often is unnecessary since the battery of the panel is non-removal. The sim tray will not be removed more often.

Pros – 


  • Screen protector comes in two quantities
  • Screen is sensitive to touch and swipes as it was without a screen protector
  • The package comes with all tools necessary for the application
  • There is a YouTube video about the application of this type of screen protector
  • The cut outs are precise
  • The adhesive is very good at centre and edges
  • Can be used for long time


Cons – 


  • It is costly
  • The protector is not compatible with non-Spigen back cases
  • Sometimes the edges peel off
  • Application of this type needs skilful hand though
  • It’s a little finger print magnet
  • Application of screen protector should be done in a clean environment
  • Cannot be re-applied
  • Used screen protector cannot be returned even though there is a manufacturing defect
  • Does not come with back cover (Sad)


My two cents – 

There are literally a lot of screen protectors out there in the market. Choosing the right one is always a herculean task. You can have the 360-degree protector if you choose not to back case it. However, if you opt for a back case, make sure that the screen protector is manufactured from the same company. Otherwise, you might have compatible issues. Tempered glass is not an option to the S7 Edge due to its edges. The other variants I have tried were good but was not compatible with Black Armour Case that I bought from Spigen. So, here is the Curved screen protector for the S7 Edge which is not only compatible with the back case but also covers the edges. The screen protector won’t come out that easily due to the back case, only if you have applied it correctly. Well lastly, if you can spend more money you can always try this and they come in two pieces, both front & back.

Thanks for reading the article.

With Love, Peace & Respects. This is Simon.

"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and what you dislike and saw things for what they truly are in themselves, you will find a great deal more peace in your life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logitech M275 Mouse review

The all new Logitech M275 Mouse Hello everyone Simon here. And I am here to un-box, review and put my two cents. Let’s get started. I ordered a Logitech M275 Wireless mouse via Amazon . The price was catchy. Usually I do my shopping when lightning deals are up in the market. The price cut and new products are introduced at this moment. Yes, most important thing now in Indian Amazon market is that few electronic items like Mobile, Lamps, Monitors, TVs are all not eligible for a re-fund but qualified for an exchange. You need to send them back with all the original accessories with packing and they will send you another one once they get the product. [Unboxing] Once you remove the outer cover of Amazon packing you can see a very small box which houses a tiny mouse which has got lot slimmer and weighs less. Yes, the carton looks amazing with all the seller and import details. The MRP was stated as 1,195 INR for one quantity. However, I hit the ligh

TP-Link TL-WR940N Wireless N450 Home Router

TP-Link TL-WR940N Wireless N450 Home Router When it comes to wireless internet services it’s pretty hard to decide what’s the best router for home use. So here I am with the all new TP-Link Router. The router that I bought is TP-Link TL-WR940N Wireless N450 Home Router with 450 Mbps . It has 3 antennas. Before starting this topic, I’d like to let you know the difference between a router and a modem. MoDem  ( Modulator - De-modulator ) is a device which communicates with your internet service provider’s network and allows you to use the internet. This unit is compulsory for an internet connection to work. This may seem an important part of the internet setup. Coming to the Router, it’s the one which is connected to a modem and allows you to have multiple internet connections. This is an addition unit. You may want to use it , if you’ve more than one computer or devices. Also, the router comes with wireless technology. That means your internet connection can be use

Sony's MDR HW300K

Sony MDR HW300K Review Hello everyone, Simon here. Today I shall be Unboxing, reviewing and putting my two cents on Sony's MDR HW300K Wireless Headphone . When most of the people hear the name Sony all they can imagine is its sheer design, beauty and most importantly the new technology that it brings to the world. And now it's brought a new wireless headphone which is packed with power, super acoustic balance and also a sheer beauty to hold. Yes, of course all within the budget.  Headphones are inundating the market with no quality and bad design nowadays. With being said that I also want to the hold the opposite of it being true. Some good manufacturers are still producing very good headphones within budget and also over-budget. However, great things come at greater price. One of the headphones which literally put me off of my couch was MDR HW700DS . This headphone packs with sheer quality, power and superior sound reproduction. While saying that I need to